The Vision for Beaconhouse Discovery Programme is to benefit from the diversity of its community in creating well-educated, internationally-minded citizens and to create a challenging and motivating environment where students and staff work in harmony to develop every student’s full intellectual and human potential. Students gain competencies necessary for them to be successful in their educational journey and to become the leaders of tomorrow.
We believe that…
- Every student has an individual and a cultural set of experiences, skills and interests, which must be considered in the teaching and learning process.
- A diverse student body enriches the school community and provides a wealth of experience and resources.
- A thorough education includes the development of the qualities of compassion, tolerance, respect for the rights of all people, the skills for the peaceful resolution of conflict, and the development of environmental responsibility.
- We prepare young people to provide leadership to meet the global challenges of the 21st Century.
- We foster an atmosphere of academic excellence and encourage intellectual inquiry and critical thinking.
- Achievement in the physical, expressive and creative arts is an essential part of a holistic education.
- The school is a community, and social awareness, thoughtful interaction and effective communication among students, parents and staff are fundamental to its well-being through:
> Attention to the whole child
> Emphasis on inquiry
> Utilization of a variety of learning tools and technologies
> Valuing a range of learning styles and abilities
> Exposure to diverse international perspectives
> Connections to the real world beyond the confines of the classroom
> Commitment to active service and positive action
> Focus on the development of positive attitudes toward people, the environment and learning